Thursday, May 7, 2015

One Week Exactly

I have never been so torn. I want to go home. But I don't want to leave. I miss my family. But I will miss my family here. 
I have officially started packing. 
I'm leaving a lot of clothes here, and that is refreshing in a way. 
Four chez vous students came yesterday and that has been fun. We walked around town today and visited the market. (Not going to lie, I felt like a pro). Yesterday we visited Monet's house and gardens. 
I spent six hours in the van and four hours in an airport but there wasn't necessarily a dull moment. 
I have noticed that when there is a big change on the horizon for me, I get drowsy. It's the darnest thing. I'm going to label it as a coping mechanism. But my mind is currently mush. 
Fun fact I have learned about myself, people are everything. Having people around and being a listener and listened too, is very important to me. I would not have thought this because I spend an adequate amount of time alone and thought that it is what I preferred. 
Fun fact about France, meals are everything. One does not show up late for a meal. This is unheard of and of the highest offense. I have not been late for food once (shocker). 
The French also love to ponder and make sport of regarding the intricacies and delicate balance of one's (or of another's) love life. But it could also just be Danielle. I will miss her so much. She is one of the few people that I could never forget. She has such a strong and calming presence. She is my adopted grandmother. We have not held a single conversation in English (because it is impossible) but in her words this is        << n'importe quoi. >>

No comments:

Post a Comment